For the second time in two months a customer has collapsed at the infamous Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas mid-meal, and been carted off to hospital.
The unlucky diner is a female Vegas resident in her 40s, who was eating a “double bypass burger,” smoking cigarettes and drinking margaritas when she collapsed on Saturday night, the owner of the Grill told ABC News.
The woman is currently recovering but she – along with the man who collapsed at the Grill in February – won’t be able to sue the restaurant that laughs in the face of cholesterol to cover her medical bills.
[Related feature: The world's most unhealthy sandwiches]
While the emergency in February was determined to be an actual heart attack, it’s still not clear exactly what caused this woman to collapse.
There is no medical evidence that eating a high-fat, high calorie burger can immediately trigger a heart attack. However, a greasy diet can add to the risk of heart and other problems.
There is also the legal risk a patron assumes when taking part in an activity which may cause injury–say for instance, eating at a place called The Heart Attack Grill and ordering a “Double Bypass Burger”.
The restaurant does provide a disclaimer to its customers:”This Establishment is Bad for Your Health” signs warn. Also, the calorie-laden “Double Bypass Burger” comes with two half-pound burger patties and several slices of bacon (with the option to add more).
The Grill’s owner says he hopes the woman makes a full recovery.
"She was eating, drinking, smoking, laughing, dancing, having fun," he told the Los Angeles Times. "But when you treat your body like that day in and day out, eventually your body is going to give out."