We love super-cool Revlon Nail Ambassador and general manicure maestro Jenny Longworth - in fact, it's probably true to say that if there’s something about nails that this lady doesn't know, it's just not worth knowing. As a special jubilee treat to you lovely lot, Jenny has put together a detailed step-by-step guide on how to get gorgeous Diamond Jubilee nails. Prepare to get creative girls - you know you want to!
Before you start you will need:
- Revlon Nail Enamel in Fashionista
- Revlon Nail Enamel in Gold Coin
- A fine nail brish or cocktail stick
1) Begin by applying that basecoat - This will help the nail varnish adhere to your nails, prevent staining and give your manicure oodles of extra staying power - Perfect for a four day bank holiday weekend right?
2) Next sweep a layer of Fashionista Nail Enamel over the nail. Jenny recommends aiming to do this in three strokes; one down the middle of the nail and two down the sides.
3) After a couple of minutes drying time take a very fine nail brush or cocktail stick and start the detail with the Gold Coin Nail Enamel. Avoid overloading the colour on the stick or brush and blot away any excess on a tissue. To create the crowns begin with the line at the base of the crown before doing three sweeping loops above it and finishing with a cross on topn. Aim for about 4 crowns per nail with less on your pinkie finger.
4) Once you have completed all of the crowns leave your nails to dry for a little while before gently 'floating' the topcoat over the top of your design to prevent dragging any of the crowns that are still slightly wet, seal the colour and add buckets of high shine.
5) And there you have the finished article, which we think is quite erm, fit for a queen don’t you?
Read more fashion and beauty news on graziadaily.co.uk
See what's in the latest issue of GRAZIA magazine
Click here to subscribe to the GraziaDaily newsletter