She's the first to admit she's had her share of red-carpet disasters.
Kelly Osbourne proved she's put any past wardrobe malfunctions well and truly behind her now, as she picked up the Ultimate Style Icon with VO5 prize at the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year Awards 2012.
Failing to suppress her surprise as she collected the gong last night, the star of E!'s Fashion Police laughed: "I used to look like s**t.
"I never thought I'd get a style award."
The trim 28-year-old revealed that landing the cover of a fashion magazine was the confidence boost she needed.
"Cosmo putting me on their cover a couple of years ago did wonders for my self-esteem," she admitted.
But while Kelly, who was mingling with the likes of X Factor's Nicole Scherzinger, Fearne Cotton and Strictly beauty Kimberley Walsh at the event held at The V&A Museum, was surprised at her win - fashion critics certainly weren't.
The star’s wardrobe for the event – a futuristic-style lilac and silver fitted dress with cut-out sheer panels – was proof that Kelly has perfected the art of dressing for her shape.
Teaming the dress with matching studded platform stilettos, Sharon Osbourne’s daughter accessorised perfectly with droplet gem earrings and a simple, diamond-encrusted bangle.
With her purple-dyed locks hanging in tousled waves over one shoulder, Kelly made sure to let her dress all the talking by keeping her make-up understated – with just a flash of a light pink lipstick breaking up her colour palette.
Kelly's latest red-carpet look is the latest in a long line of fashion-forwards outfits from the star, whose style has evolved from punk rocker to fully-fledged fashionista over othe years.
So to celebrate her Style Icon Award, we've pulled together Kelly Osbourne's most fashion-forward looks.
Kelly Osbourne's Top 10 most stylish outfits:
1. Cosmopolitan Women of the Year Awards 2012: Kelly wows in a futuristic-inspired lilac and silver midi-length number.
2. Oscars 2012: Kelly highlights her hourglass figure to perfection with a floor-sweeping black gown encrusted with jewels.
3. SAG Awards 2012: Showing it can be all white on the night in a fitted, white cap-sleeved gown with flattering patterned cap sleeves and a tassle belt.
4. Emmys 2011: Kelly opts for a striking burgundy ballgown with asymmetric straps.
5. The 20th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation's Oscar Viewing Party: The E! Fashion Police star goes for vintage style in a sunshine-yellow cap-sleeved gown.
6. Emmys 2012: Kelly teams her lilac hair with a matching gown to dramatic effect.
7. LFW House of Holland FROW 2012: Looking bang-on-trend in pillarbox-red leather shift, with kitsch eyebrow sunnies.
8. Grammys 2012: Kelly opts for a flattering shape in a one-shouldered sparkling gown.
9. MAC party 2012: Channeling the rocker chick look in a round-necked black leather shift.
10. NYFW Spring/Summer 2012: Kelly goes for colour-pop in a vibrant two-piece, complete with a futuristic-inspired bob.
Vote for your favourite look of Kelly Osbourne's, over on Twitter now.