With heavy hearts today we’re packing our bags… and moving back to Grazia towers. For the last five days over London Fashion Week Grazia Daily HQ has been the super-chic townhouse belonging to Matchesfashion.com, House of Grazia at Matches no 23. Here we’ve entertained some of the hottest designers from the London catwalk, reported on all the very latest fashion action, and invited beauty gurus, backstage insiders and front-rowers to drop by. Jonathan Saunders told us he nearly became a furniture designer instead of a fashion designer (we’re so glad you didn’t Jonathan!), Nails Inc showed us the hit new matte denim polish hitting shelves in May, and designer Henry Holland sang S Express to us – who knew he was so musical! In fact we had SUCH a ball at House of Grazia at Matches No.23, we’ve decided to wrap all the best bits into a little film [below], and sum it all into our top ten things we’ve learnt from the week...
10 Things We've Learnt From House Of Grazia...
1. Henry Holland has very good taste in shirts. This lobster print shirt is by fab Brit menswear designer Kit Neale.
2. Matches have some VERY nice pieces for Spring Summer – and the Grazia fashion team, Lily, Katherine, Sophie, Charlie and Catherine spent a very happy day in the super-stylish outfits you voted them to wear last week.
3. Blue eyeshadow is HOT. And so is matte bubblegum pink. Get over your fear now, advises Grazia Beauty Director Liz Hambleton. Click here to watch her masterclass on the hottest Spring Summer Trends and how to wear them
4. Jonathan Saunders is LOVELY. Well, we knew that anyway. We also found out that he’s a perfectionist – he admitted to Grazia’s Editor In Chief Jane Bruton that there were loads of outfits he threw out that didn’t make the final cut for his Autumn/Winter Catwalk show. Memo to self: rifle through the bins outside Jonathan’s next collection and we might get lucky.
5. Rhubarb smoothies are addictive. Especially when served by the loveliest waiters from catering whizzes Cellar Society. Memo to Grazia HR: ‘Please get us 24/7 caterers in the office or we’ll resign.’
6. This Spring we’ll all be going mono, wearing holographic and braving the sheer trend (IF the sun comes out). Come autumn we’ll be switching to head-to-toe leopard, Yves Klein Blue and sexy, deep-slashed V necks.
7. How MUCH do we want Grazia’s girl crush du jour Harley Viera Newton’s fashion week wardrobe? Answer: A LOT!
8. St Tropez. The trick is to apply your self tan with the special mitt. Sorry for sounding like a spoilsport but reading the instructions and doing it properly, you’ll get a better finish.
9. Creating a catwalk show is HARD but Sara at production company Blonstein makes it look EASY. Nothing’s impossible either! Sheep on the catwalk? No problem! Live electric train rails? Totally fine!
10. Fashion bloggers have the BEST job. Reem from FiveFiveFabulous, Sandra from 5 Inch And Up and Lula From Herself Magazine came to the house to share the love, and impart their wisdom, to a crowded class of blogging newbies. Thanks girls!
With thanks to our friends at BT, the British Fashion Council, Nails Inc, florist Timothy Dunn and of course, MatchesFashion.com.
Read more fashion and beauty news on graziadaily.co.uk
See what's in the latest issue of GRAZIA magazine
Click here to subscribe to the GraziaDaily newsletter