You will need
450g lean lamb mince
1 small onion, peeled and grated
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
2 tbsp curry paste of your choice
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
2 x 320g ready rolled puff pastry sheets
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. To prepare the piccalilli, mix together the gherkins, cucumber, cauliflower, green beans and red pepper. Add the vinegar, honey and mustard. Mix well, cover and leave in the fridge for at least two hours, or overnight, if time allows for the flavours to infuse.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the lamb, sultanas, onion, coriander, curry paste and seasoning.
3. Place each puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut into two long rectangles, lengthways. You should have four rectangles. Place a layer of the lamb mixture down the middle of each pastry rectangles in total.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6. Brush one side of the pastry with the beaten egg, fold the other side of the pastry over to meet the egg washed side.
5. Seal the edges with a fork. Glaze the top of the pastry with the egg wash. Cut six rolls from each length.
Recipe, Simply Beef and Lamb
Click here to go to the original article on Red Online
Click here to see Windsor crown roast lamb with pomegranate rice stuffing
Click here to see Coronation lamb rolls with piccalilli vegetables
Click here to see Pulled shoulder of lamb with fennel, carrot and chilli slaw