If you are starting to feel the cold snap right down to your feet, follow the expert advice of podiatrist Lorraine Jones to have tip top toes this winter...
1. Wear shoes that fit well and have room for socks. They are much warmer than tights or pop socks.
2. Avoid ballet pumps and shoes with thin soles as they give no protection from the cold.
3. Keep skin moisturised daily. Central heating dries us out.
4. Keep heels and tight fitting shoes for parties and tackle Christmas shopping in trainers or warm boots.
5. When warming up cold feet, avoid putting them onto a hot water bottle or in a hot bath as this can lead to painful chilblains.
6. Try and alternate shoes. You should avoid wearing the same shoes daily as they need longer than overnight to dry out properly.
This will help prevent against any fungal infections such as athlete's foot
7. Avoid wearing shoes with narrow heels as they can be dangerous on slippery pavements as it is easy to sprain an ankle.
8. Ditch shoes that cause on-going trauma to the toes such as slip ons or heels.
Instead, try to wear shoes with laces as these stop the foot sliding forwards into the toebox.
9. Always ensure your ski boots fit correctly.
10. If you going out for a jog, wear layers and take time to warm up before you get out on the road. Also ensure you wear the correct trainers to provide the right support.
GET TONED LEGS LIKE NICOLE SCHERZINGER
KIM KARDASHIAN'S DIET SMOOTHIE
FIT KIT: PERFECT FITNESS MINI MULTI GYM
1 - 3 of 15
1 - 4 of 12
1 - 1 of 25
Today on Yahoo
1 - 8 of 48