Just to warn you, once you've read this you'll want to lock the doors, close the windows and cancel all your online dating profiles.
We all start off so optimistic when it comes to dating, but all it takes are a few awful encounters to smash the rose tinted spectacles.
To find out if 'Date Insurance' is a good idea Confused.com have been asking British women to reveal their most harrowing experiences.
From the unlucky lass who was given a tour of a sewage factory (no, seriously) to the poor woman who was dragged to a wedding, these dating disasters sound like something out of a rom-com!
Take a look at the full list of dating stats below and let us know what you think...
1. The top five worst dates as revealed by Confusd.com are a sewage station day trip, coffin factory tour, meeting the parents, visiting a prison and attending a wedding.
2. Hundreds of respondents also confessed the worst places they'd ever been taken on a date. Two people said they'd been taken to strip clubs on dates, while many unhappy daters admitted that McDonalds was his restaurant of choice. Ouch!
3. When asked why dates went wrong, the majority of respondents, 27%, said they simply didn't 'fancy' their date. 9% said they found their date boring and 22% blamed the lack of chemistry.
4. A quarter of men, 24%, said they'd been stood up on a first date, compared to just 16% of women. The survey found that men and women are equally as likely to 'do a runner', with 16% of men and 18% of women admitting to running away before the end of their date.
5. Almost half, 47%, of online daters said they'd been on a date with somebody that looked 'nothing like their online dating profile'.
6. The majority (58%) of daters believe the bill should be split, while 24% of women (and 34% of men) believe it's the blokes responsibility to pick up the tab.
Tell us your dating disasters to WIN! Leave a comment below to be in with a chance of winning a £100 goodie bag.
INSURE YOURSELF AGAINST COSTLY DATING DISASTERS
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SMILE! MEN NOTICE TEETH FIRST
HOW TO TURN A FRIENDSHIP INTO A RELATIONSHIP
Today on Yahoo
- Educational days out with your kids that they will love
Taking your kids on an educational day out can give them - and you - some of the best fun there is. Choose wisely and … More »
- Getting active as a family: Our favourite activities
The NHS recommend that children get at least 60 minutes of physical exercise each day and staying active and healthy is … More »