Weight training is the activity of using weights to build strength, muscles and muscle definition. It is a type of strength training and can be used by both men and women as part of their exercise routine. It is a great way to burn calories, but more importantly, by building muscle you will increase your metabolic rate. Weight training uses a variety of specific weights to target certain muscle groups and different movements.
Diet and Fitness Editor's Picks
1 - 4 of 50
EXPLORE RELATED CONTENT
- 5 ways to burn fat while you sleep
- Pilates – better than yoga?
- Bikini body: how to make a big difference fast
- 5 popular fitness DVDs tried and tested by me
- How the 5:2 diet worked for me
- 5 health lies we tell ourselves
- 5 surprising running statistics
- How I encouraged my baby to walk
- Hydration during training