You will need
800g new potatoes
300g podded broad beans (approx 600g unpodded)
1 Chorizo sausage ring or 200g cubed raw chorizo
2 little gem lettuces
Handful of black olives
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cut the potatoes into one centimetre cubes and bring to the boil in a pan of salted water. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender, drain and set aside.
2. Cook the broad beans in a pan of boiling water until tender (approximately four to five minutes). Unless your broad beans are very young it’s worth removing the outer shell of each bean by squeezing gently.
3. Fry the chorizo in a dry pan (the sausage will release enough of its own oil to fry it in) until golden and crispy.
4. Add the cooked potatoes to the pan along with the broad beans and toss to coat in the spicy sausage oil.
5. Line a big bowl with little gem leaves and pile the potato mixture on top, finish off with the olives and a scattering of parsley. Serve with the garlic mayonnaise.
Recipe, Taste of Summer
Click here to go to the original article on Red Online
Click here to see Warm new potato, broad bean and chorizo salad with garlic mayonnaise
Click here to see Broad bean, taleggio and parsley risotto
Click here to see Sophie Grigson’s paneer, asparagus and broad bean butter masala