Everything in moderation, they say? Maybe not when it comes to the Triple Bypass Burger.
A man in the US suffered a heart attack last Saturday while eating the aforementioned burger at the Heart Attack Café located in downtown Las Vegas.
This comically tragic story was the first of its kind at the restaurant, whose slogan ‘Taste Worth Dying for’ might need to be rethought after the man was taken out of the eatery by paramedics. Thankfully, he survived.
The infamous American eatery unapologetically serves up calorie-rich and fat-laden food. The burger in question costs £7 ($11.10) and contains a 1.5 pound beef burger served with several slices of processed cheese and the option of 15 slices of bacon for an extra £1. 76 ($2.77).
Shockingly, this isn’t even the unhealthiest item on the menu. The Quadruple Bypass Burger features two pounds of meat, processed cheese and 20 bacon slices for an extra £2.35 ($3.69). Other items on the menu include the butterfat milkshakes, ‘flatliner’ chips fried in pure lard, non-filtered cigarettes and ‘Fat Bastard’ brand wine.
The staff members at the Heart Attack Grill are given fake medical names to tie in with the theme of the restaurant.
[Related feature: Take our fast food burger quiz]
[Related story: Chain's Star Wars themed burgers go viral]
‘Nurse’ Bridgett, who was working at the restaurant when the incident occurred, told Fox5 News: "He was having the sweats and shaking.”
The owner of the restaurant, ‘Doctor’ Jon Basso, was shocked by the incident.
"I actually felt horrible for the gentleman because the tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt. Even with our own morbid sense of humour, we would never pull a stunt like that," Bosso said. "He was sweating, suffering. Anyone with an ounce of compassion would've felt for him."
The man’s name is being kept private but he is recovering from the heart attack.
This incident might be a wake-up call to an establishment that lets diners over 25 stone eat for free and that features a sign at the door stating that the offered dining fare is a health risk.
Maybe they were just being proactive?
Do think this theme restaurant is funny, or an affront to good health?