Body Weight Suspension Training is one of the biggest fitness trends to come out of 2012 and it's guaranteed to be massive in 2013.
For months personal trainers have been encouraging gym goers to get off the treadmill and go into the 'free zone', where you can lift weights, do floor exercises and use suspension equipment at the same time.
Celebs like supermodel Bar Refaeli have jumped on the TRX Suspension Training bandwagon, which uses your own body weight to provide resistance - forcing you to engage all of your core muscles.
The technique was developed by the US Navy Seals who wanted to develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability in small spaces.
The TRX Suspension trainer is actually two thick pieces of material with hand grips at either end that can be attached to almost any surface.
You can do push ups with your legs suspended in the air, bicep curls while leaning forward (supporting your body weight) and planks to improve your ab muscles.
Take a look at the video below to see how it works...
What do you think? Leave a comment below to be in with a chance of winning a £100 goodie bag
INTERVIEW: JESSICA ENNIS TALKS BODY HANG-UPS
CHRISTMAS 2012: GIFTS FOR THE GYM BUNNY
WANT TO BE SMARTER? HIT THE GYM
EXPLORE RELATED CONTENT
- 5 quick workout tweaks that maximise results
- Get fit for free with Nike's exercise classes, bootcamps & running clubs
- Celebs' best features we'd most like to steal - and some surprises
- Hate the gym? Here's how to workout at home using your cat
- Tired of the treadmill? Stop avoiding and start enjoying your gym
- Work out to gain weight
- Why feeling great in your bikini this season is all in your body language, not …
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 8 of 23
1 - 4 of 25