1.In a clean bowl, dissolve the sourdough starter into the yoghurt. Then add 100 grams of the flour and combine thoroughly with the yoghurt sourdough mix.
2. Allow the dough to ferment overnight in a cool place, covered with a small bowl.
3. The next day uncover the dough, there should be signs of activity in the mixture (bubbles). Mix the remaining 110 grams of flour and salt into the dough and fold until it comes together. Cover and leave to stand for ten minutes.
4. In the bowl, knead the dough for 10 seconds, or until the dough resists and then leave to stand for ten minutes.
5. Repeat steps four another three times covering the bowl between kneading. Then allow to rest for one hour.
6. Shape the ball of dough into a loaf, place into a proofing basket that has been floured or a greased baking tin.
7. Allow to proof for three hours or until the dough is double in size.
8. When the dough is almost ready, preheat the over to 250 ºC/gas mark 9 and then put on an empty deep tray at the bottom of the oven.
9. Place the dough in the oven, and then add a cup of water to the hot tray on the bottom shelf to form steam. Lower the oven temperature to 220 ºC/gas mark 7.
Recipe, Yeo Valley
Click here to go to the original article on Red Online
Click here to see Tea Smoked Trout with horseradish sauce
Click here to see Chocolate and Amaretto Panna Cotta
Click here to see Sourdough bread