Whether you're seeing in the new year with your favourite cocktail or some family fireworks, a new hairstyle is the easiest way to rework your look in time for 2013.
We've turned to celebrity hairstylist, Asgar Saboo, for his simple step-by-step to this new season updo, a la Katy Perry.
Here's how-to recreate the Upside down French plait at home...
1. Before braiding, brush hair to smooth out any knots or tangles.
2. Gather hair at the nape of your neck, divide into three sections. Starting at the back of your head, at the nape, hold the right section in your right hand, the left section in your left hand and the middle section between your thumb and finger of either hand. To begin the braid, cross the right section over middle section, then repeat this with the left section.
3. Pull sections fairly tight - you don't want the braid to be loose and come undone.
4. Keep adding more hair to each section as you move up the back of the head. Make sure the sections of hair you are adding are roughly equal or the braid will look uneven.
5. Repeat until you reach the crown of the head, and secure the hair with an elastic band (ensure that there is no metal on it as this may cause breakage), leaving the rest of the hair open.
6. Now wrap the loose hair round like a bun, or sweep into a quiff like Katy Perry and secure with hair grips.
Will you be tackling the upside down plait this for NYE?
HAIR HOW-TO: MICHAEL DOUGLAS CREATES THE PERFECT PARTY UPDO
PARTY HAIR: KELLY OSBOURNE'S BOW-TIED BEEHIVE
HAIR HOW-TO: 3 PARTY STYLES TO MATCH YOUR DRESS
I love beauty products and cosmetics but I love them even more when I can get the full benefits without spending the high prices. Bicarbonate of soda can be found in nearly all toothpastes but of course, it's mixed into flavouring etc. so we can't taste it. …