London Fashion Week kicks off today, with a whole host of British design talent frantically readying their autumn winter 2013 collections for their runway shows.
Over the course of the next five days, leading figureheads in the fashion industry - including Burberry Prorsum, Mulberry, Unique, Vivienne Westwood and Christopher Kane - will be descending upon the catwalk, bringing with them a star-studded FROW crowd and some show-stopping style.
The first day of the London Fashion Week AW13 calendar will kick off with designer Zoe Jordan, who is famed for her love of androgynous styling, with a feminine edge.
Day one will continue in fashionable style, with London College of Fashion, Bora Aksu and PPQ’s catwalks shows making for a non-stop 24 hours of fashion.
So as the style-savvy descend upon the capital for London Fashion Week, the British Fashion Council (BFC) have revealed some unusual facts about this year’s event that you might not know.
* LFW AW13 will see a staggering 56 catwalk shows and 20 presentations take place in just five days.
* More than 120 designers – with a mix of established names and inspiring up and comers – will be exhibiting over the LFW period, giving us a front row seat to the upcoming trends to watch out for.
* This year’s LFW AW13 calendar will see two designers make their debut on the official show schedule, with L’Wren Scott and Tom Ford hosting runway shows this year.
Julien Macdonald will also be making his return to the official show schedule, with his eagerly-awaited runway show taking place on Saturday, February 16.
* London Fashion Week isn't just about the runway shows. The BFC have revealed LFW provides a huge boost to the economy, with the direct value being around £21 billion.
[Related: London Fashion Week AW13: Ones to watch]
* While all the key Fashion Weeks compete with each other for which is the best, London is currently in the lead. Last year it was voted as the global fashion capital for 2012 for the second consecutive year by the Global Language Monitor (GLM) - putting it in perfect stead for this year.
Tell us what you're most looking forward to about London Fashion Week AW13, over on Twitter.