Sports presenter Kirsty Gallacher doesn't just report on what's happening in the world of sport, she is a keen fittie as well.
Here she shares her six summer fitness tips for days when the weather is too bad to do an outdoors workout.
- Aim to visit the gym for three short exercise sessions a week.
- You don’t need to be at the gym for hours, just make the time you are there effective – quality not quantity.
- Each of your sessions should consist of a mixture of interval training and circuits
- For your interval training, hit the rower for 20 minutes switching between a hard and fast pace and normal speed every 20 seconds.
- For your circuits, include press-ups, weighted lunges and sit-ups. Do 20 of each and repeat three times.
- Your workout kit is really important – support and comfort are a must. My personal favourites are USA Pro Crop Top and Cycle Shorts.