To celebrate Bacon Connoisseurs Week try this good old bacon and eggs recipe with a twist.
Sometimes you watch a video and say to yourself: ‘That’s so simple – why didn’t I think of that?’
That’s the reaction we had when we touched upon this ingenious how-to guide for bacon-wrapped eggs.
If you’re the type of person that likes all your breakfast food arranged in a neat little package, then this culinary delight is right up your alley!
1 package of streaky bacon
1 carton of eggs
Shredded cheddar, crumbled goat cheese, or any cheese you like
Chopped herbs such as chives, dill, thyme
[Related video: British woman makes amazing egg discovery]
[Related feature: Unusual, seasonal and rare-breed eggs]
1. On medium heat, fry bacon on a skillet until slightly browned on each side, but still pliable - don't let them get crispy.
2. Drain on paper towels and let cool.
3. Preheat oven to 400F/200C/gas mark 6.
4. Line muffin cups (or ramekins) with bacon slices, making sure to cover the bottom too (tear off chunks of bacon to fill the bottom).
5. Crack an egg into each cup.
6. Add cheese on top.
7. Sprinkle with herbs, salt and freshly cracked pepper.
8. Bake until set, approx 15 min.
9. Carefully run a knife around each to loosen from the cup and remove. Enjoy!