Indian chef and cookery book author Manju Malhi shows users a quick and easy chicken curry which is perfect when you're in a hurry. Experience our chicken curry in ten minutes recipe, and make a fast and tasty dish for all to enjoy.
You will need:
45 ml vegetable oil
1 medium onion
400 g chicken fillet
2 cloves of garlic
1 green chilli
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground coriander
1 tsp tomato purée
¼ tsp garam masala or 1 tsp curry paste
30 ml double cream
1. Finely chop a medium sized onion. Crush 2 cloves of garlic with the side of a knife. Now peel away the skin, and finely chop. Finely chop a green chilli.
2. Take the chicken on a fresh chopping board. Chop into small bite-size pieces. Wash your hands after chopping the meat.
3. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Then add the chopped onion, and fry for 1 minute.
4. Put the chicken in, and continue to fry for 5 to 6 minutes. The chicken will start to cook, and turn entirely white on the outside.
5. Put the garlic and chilli into the pan, and stir. Carry on frying gently over a medium heat, until everything is golden brown, which will take 2 to 3 minutes. Keep stirring.
6. Put 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin and 1/4 teaspoon of ground coriander in the pan. Stir well.
7. Add 1 teaspoon of tomato purée, and 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala or curry paste. Here we're using freshly made garam masala.
8. Stir, and fold 2 generous tablespoons of double cream into the mixture.
9. Serve hot with freshly cooked basmati rice, or naan bread.
How to make butter chicken
How to make prawn curry
How to make naan bread