Scrumptious prawns served with a spicy Thai sauce made with Hellmann's mayonnaise and red chillies
Preparation time: 40 min
Cook time: 5 min
600g raw tiger prawns
2 dollops* Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
1 lime juice
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
1 tablespoon fresh mint (optional)
1 tablespoon coriander (optional)
For the salsa:
2 tablespoons fresh mint
1 or 2 small red chillies
1 lime juice
- Score the back of the prawns with a sharp knife to open them up.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lime juice, crushed garlic and red curry paste to create the marinade.
- Stir in the mint and coriander, add the prawns and coat thoroughly. Set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by chopping the watermelon and cucumber into 1cm cubes and mix with the shallots, mint, chillies and lime juice in a large bowl. Set aside for the flavours to blend.
- Thread the prawns onto pre-soaked wooden skewers and BBQ for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the prawns are pink and cooked all the way through.
Serving suggestions: Serve the prawns with the salsa on the side, jasmine rice and salad.
Nutritional Feedback Per serving (335g):
Calories (kcal) (% GDA): 209 (10%)
Sugars (g) (% GDA): 8,7 (10%)
Fat (g) (%GDA): 7,03 (10%)
Saturates (g) (% GDA): 1 (5%)
Salt (g) (% GDA): 2,5 (42%)
*1 dollop = 15ml