You will need
200g sugar snap peas, cut into 3 lengthways
100g fresh shelled peas
65g pea shoots
400g halloumi, cut into 1cm slices
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
14 Nicoise olives
For the gremolata and dressing:
3 large lemons, finely zested and 1 juiced
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
50g flat leaf parsley, leaves removed and finely chopped
1. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, and blanch the sugar snaps and peas for one minute. Drain and refresh under cold running water, drain again and put in a serving bowl. Add the pea shoots.
2. For the dressing, put the juice of one lemon and the oil in a screw-topped jar and shake well.
3. To make the gremolata, combine the lemon zest, garlic and parsley.
4. Brush both sides of the halloumi slices with oil and scatter with a little gremolata and a grinding of pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry for around two minutes on each side, until crispy and golden.
5. Add the dressing to the salad and serve with the halloumi, olives, and the remaining gremolata on the side.
Recipe, Linda Tubby
to go to the original article on Red OnlineClick here
to see Griddled courgette ribbonsClick here
to see Courgette HoumousClick here
to see Steak and lettuce salad with warm broad bean and herb dressing and lime aioli