Succulent chicken and mushroom pie, cooked with Hellmann's light mayonnaise and herbs.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cook time: 15/20 min
400g cooked chicken pieces or cubes
2 dollops* Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise
125g puff pastry
4 chopped spring onions
50g chesnut or shitake mushrooms
1 level tablespoon plain flour
2 tablespoons of fresh mixed herbs e.g. parsley
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon English mustard
80mL Knorr chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C.
2. Mix the chopped onions and mushrooms and fry with a little olive oil. Add the flour and stir.
3. Add the chopped or cut chicken, the stock and mustard and stir. Add the mayonnaise and stir. Season with herbs and pepper and add the garlic.
4. Spoon the chicken mixture into a large oven proof pie dish.
5. Moisten the rim with water and lay the pastry over the top to form a lid. Press on the rim of the dish and trim away the excess dough
6. Prick all over and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Serving suggestion: Serve with steamed vegetables or a salad.
Recipe variation: You can replace chicken with turkey.
Nutritional feedback per serving (175g)
Calories (Kcal) (%GDA): 360 (18%)
Sugars (g) (% GDA): 0.8 (1%)
Fat (g) (% GDA): 18.7 (27%)
Saturates (g) (% GDA): 4.6 (23%)
Salt (g) (% GDA): 1.2 (20%)
* 1 dollop = 15ml
Food and Drink Editor's Picks
1 - 4 of 50