Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 2tsp miso paste
- 2cm (¾in) piece fresh root ginger, cut into slivers
- 1 red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 skinless chicken thighs, bone-in
- 125g (4oz) medium egg noodles
- 1 large carrot, cut into batons
- 2 heads pak choi, thickly shredded
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 125g (4oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- Small handful coriander, roughly chopped, and sweet chilli sauce to serve
1. Put the miso paste into a pan with the ginger, chilli and garlic. Add 1.1 litre (2 pints) boiling water and bring back to the boil. Add the chicken thighs, turn the heat down to a simmer and poach gently for 15min.
2. When the chicken is cooked, remove from the broth. Add the noodles and vegetables and cook for 10min.
3. Meanwhile, pull the chicken off the bone and tear into shreds. Add to the pan and heat through. Divide between two bowls, sprinkle with coriander and serve with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.
Next time round OmitRead More »from Chicken noodle soup