Celebrate the start of the Year of the Dragon with these Chinese-inspired recipes.
Sesame chicken skewers with sweet chilli dip
Add some crunch to Chinese chicken kebabs by coating them in sesame seeds. Makes 8.
• About 500g chicken thigh fillets (bones and skin removed)
• 1 egg, beaten with a splash of soy sauce
• 50g plain flour
• 150g sesame seeds
• 8 bamboo skewers
• Vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• ¼ tsp sesame oil
• 1 spring onion, washed, trimmed and chopped finely
1. Preheat the grill to a medium heat and line the grill tray with foil.
2. Measure out the flour and sesame seeds and place in separate bowls. Crack the egg into another bowl and splash in the soy sauce.
3. Slice the chicken into 3cm wide strips. Dip each piece in the flour, then the egg and then in the sesame seeds and thread onto the skewers. Tip: cover the tip of the skewer with chicken so it doesn't burn.
4. Arrange skewers on the grill tray