Our Food. Your Questions’, which allows its Canadian customers to ask any questions they like about McDonalds food.McDonalds has created a Canadian site called ‘
People have jumped at the chance to question the fast food giant and here’s our pick of the bunch!
1) Does your Egg McMuffin use real eggs? They look too perfect.
The short answer is yes! Every Egg McMuffin sandwich is made out of a freshly cracked, Grade A Canada large egg.
2) Inside the McNugget, is it actually the meat of the chicken or cut offs that nobody would actually want to eat?
It's definitely chicken inside our McNuggets… We use seasoned chicken breast and a few seasonings along with a natural proportion of skin for flavor and as a binder.
3) Is there an anti-vomit in the McDonald food?
There is absolutely no truth to this. We do not add any drugs or medication of any kind to our food.
[Related article: McDonald’s ‘healthy’ kids’ drinks packed with 12 teaspoons of sugar]
4) Why should I eat anything that has ingredients like “dimethylpolysiloxane” embedded into it?
Dimethylpolysiloxane is a food-grade additive deemed safe by the World Health Organization, with no known toxicity. There is a very small amount in our frying oil to keep the hot oil from foaming and boiling over and potentially burning our crew members.
5) Why do you microwave so much of your food?
We do use a microwave to warm up some of our products… However, we never microwave any of our beef, fish, chicken or fries.
6) How many calories in a large strawberry milkshake?
Our large Triple Thick Strawberry Milkshake has 1110 calories - truly an indulgent (and delicious) summertime dessert!
[Related article: Woman collapses at Heart Attack Grill while eating Double Bypass burger]
7) Does Canada use “pink slime”?
Absolutely not… Our hamburger patties are made with 100% pure Canadian beef, with no fillers or additives - except for a pinch of salt and pepper.
8) Has your food changed a lot in the last 10 years or just your marketing?We don't think we've changed, we believe we're evolving. We still have our iconic burgers, fries and sandwiches but we're always looking for ways to satisfy all the different tastes of our customers.
9) Do you re-use your grease?
If you're referring to the vegetable oil in our deep fryers, we clean and filter the oil in our fryers at least once a day… And on average, we change the oil in our fryers on a weekly basis.
[Related article: Store Wars: McDonald's and Burger King]
10) When you say 100% beef, do you mean the whole cow: the organs, snout, brain, kidneys, etc. etc., or just the plain beef we buy @ [sic] the grocer?
100% beef, not 100% cow. We wouldn't call it plain beef, but it sure is beef. We only use meat cut from the shoulder, chuck, brisket, rib eye, loin, and round.
McDonalds Canada also has a nutrition calculator on the site and is encouraging families to make informed decisions about their health.
In February, it confirmed it no longer uses “pink slime” (lean beef trimmings) in its beef burgers.
Let’s hope it creates a UK version of the site soon!